In this article, you’ll learn how to track Facebook custom events in your funnels built with Clickfunnels.
We’ll show how you can easily add tracking of the Add To Cart, Initiate Checkout, Open Pop-Up events, or Facebook custom events to the buttons, text links, and other clickable elements in your funnels.
Events are actions that happen on your website/funnel page. Standard events are predefined by Facebook and can be used to log conversions, optimize for conversions, and build audiences. We’ll cover both standard events for the Facebook pixel and custom events.
When it comes to adding any kind of Facebook pixel tracking to Clickfunnels, it can seem challenging for a lot of users especially those who aren’t tech-savvy. But we’re going to show you the easiest way to do this!
To make the whole setup as simple as possible and we’ll use CF Power Scripts. In under 10 minutes and without dealing with any code you’ll be able to add the Facebook custom events tracking to your funnels built with Clickfunnels.
Track Facebook Custom Events In Clickfunnels
To track Facebook custom events, you’ll need to add two scripts from CF Power Scripts to your funnel:
- Facebook Pixel script that provides the core Facebook Pixel code
- Facebook Custom Events script to track custom events
The whole setup is straightforward and takes less than 10 minutes and minimum efforts from your side!
Step 1: Add the basic Facebook Pixel script
- Log in to your CF Power Scripts account and head to the Power Scripts tab.
- Before you integrate the Facebook Custom Events script, you’ll need to add a basic Facebook Pixel script to your funnel.
For this, please check out our step-by-step guide on how to add the basic Facebook pixel tracking code to your funnels.
Step 2: Add Facebook Custom Events script
- After you added the Facebook Pixel script to your funnels, you can go ahead and add the Facebook Custom Events script. For this, select a funnel where you want to track Facebook events.
- Click the Add New button, pick the Facebook Custom Events script from the list, and click on it.
- As you can see, the script has a few settings for predefined actions. The first setting allows you to choose which event should be tracked when an action happens. The second setting determines if the event should be tracked value-based or not.
You may know that most events within Facebook are tracked without value, which means you can’t use them in a lookalike audience. If you choose value-based tracking, the events will be tracked with a value of 1 cent in the currency you can select below.
The first predefined Open Pop-Up action allows you to track an event when people click on a button that opens your pop-up.
The second action is the Data Input Event that fires when a user for the first time starts typing in one of your forms. In other words, as soon as they start entering their name, email, address, or any other information you’re asking them for in your funnel, this event will fire.
- Choose the Currency for value-based tracking.
- Click Add Script.
Step 3: Add Custom Tracking to buttons, text, links, etc.
As you might notice on the page with the script settings, you can also manually add custom event tracking to buttons, text links, and other clickable elements in your funnels. For this, you’ll need to adjust the settings of the element in the Clickfunnels editor as shown below.
- Open the page to which you want to add the tracking in the Clickfunnels editor.
- Open the settings of the element that you want to track and click the Get CSS Info icon.
- Adjust the title to cfps-fb-track-EVENTNAME and click on Update. Save the changes you made on the page.
Now when somebody visits your page you’ll see the page view event that is caused by the Facebook Pixel script we set up in Step 1 and the custom event triggered if they performed the action you set for the custom event (in our example it’s an OpenPopup event).
- If you want to track your Facebook custom events in Clickfunnels value-based, you need to change the title in the Get CSS Info setting to cfps-fb-track-vb-EVENTNAME, click on Update and save the changes. After that, your Facebook custom event will be tracked with a value of 1 cent.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you need to write the event name exactly how you want it to be tracked WITHOUT any spaces and dashes.
That’s how simple you can set up Facebook custom events tracking in Clickfunnels using CF Power Scripts! As you could see, using CF Power Scripts doesn’t require any specific technical knowledge, and is extremely straightforward.
You can set tracking for both Facebook standard events or custom events. Nevertheless, custom events will give you a better understanding of the actions people take on your funnel pages.
You can add different custom events to different elements in your funnel and build audiences based on the received data. This will let you show different ads to people depending on which button, text link, or image they clicked. As a result, your ads will be more accurate and fitting.
If you’re still not sure how to set up the Facebook Custom Events script, check out the detailed video that shows you step by step how to do it.
How to track Facebook events in Clickfunnels?
The easiest and fastest way to track Facebook events in Clickfunnels is to use CF Power Scripts. In under 10 minutes and without dealing with any code you’ll be able to add the tracking of Facebook events to your funnels built with Clickfunnels.
How to track Facebook custom events in Clickfunnels?
When it comes to adding any kind of Facebook pixel tracking to Clickfunnels, it can seem challenging for a lot of users. That’s why the easiest and fastest way to track Facebook custom events in Clickfunnels is to use CF Power Scripts. It doesn’t require any specific technical knowledge and is extremely straightforward.