In this article, you’ll learn how to set up a paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels using Stripe just within a few minutes and with almost NO effort from your side.
In which cases would you use the paid trial subscription option?
- If instead of a free trial you want to charge the first payment which is smaller or higher than your subscription price.
- If you don’t want to offer any trial, but along with the subscription payment you want to charge a one-time onboarding fee.
While Clickfunnels allows you to create Stripe subscriptions with a free trial, to create a paid trial subscription you’d need to use custom code. But don’t worry! We’ll show you how to set everything up in a much easier way and without dealing with custom code.
To create a paid trial we’ll use the CF Paid Trial script from CF Power Scripts. It takes only a few minutes to add it to your funnel and you’ll be able to do this even if you’re not tech-savvy.
Let’s go straight to it!
How To Create A Paid Trial Subscription In Clickfunnels
- Log into your CF Power Scripts account, go to the Power Scripts tab and choose a funnel where you want to add the paid trial subscription.
- Go to the Order Form step and open it in the Clickfunnels.
- Go to the Products tab.
Within the Products section, you’ll need to set up two different products: a subscription product which you’ll use to charge the subscription fee and a one-time product which you’ll use to charge either the reduced trial amount or the onboarding fee.
- Now you’ll need to edit your subscription product. For this, click the Edit button in the subscription product line, head to the second step of settings, and define the trial period length.
For example, if we enter 30 days in this field, it’ll mean that people who sign up for our product will be billed $37 only after 30 days. And at the moment of sign up, they’ll only be charged the price of the one-time product.
If you want to charge an onboarding fee, you’ll need to set the trial period to zero days. This way when your customers sign up, they will be charged for both the subscription and the one-time product.
- Another important field you’ll need to fill in for the subscription product is the Price Display Override.
On the order form, people will see only the subscription product without the one-time product. That’s why you need to adjust the text in the Price Display Override field to something like $1 today, then $37 per month or $300 onboarding plus $47 per month to give your customers a full understanding of how much the will be charged.
In CF Power Scripts:
- Now, when you created products for the paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels, go back to CF Power Scripts and click Add New. Look for CF Paid Trial script and click on it.
- As you can see, the only information you need to add here is two product IDs.
- To get product IDs, go back to the Products tab in Clickfunnels, click Edit. You’ll find the product ID in the URL of the product – it’s the last number in the URL.
- Copy the product ID of the subscription product and paste it in CF Power Scripts. Do the same for the one-time product. Click Add Script.
That’s all you need to do in order to set up a paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels or charge an onboarding fee!
If we view the live funnel step, we see that our customer will be charged $1 today (the price of the one-time product we used in the example) and $37 recurring payment (the price of the subscription product after the 30-day trial).
By the way, if you’re curious about how to create order bumps with images in Clickfunnels, check out our recent post or CF Image Bump and CF Pretty Bump Power Scripts. CF Multi Bump Power Script will let you add multiple order bumps on the same funnel step as shown in the image above.
You can also watch our step-by-step tutorial on how to create a paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels:
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below in the comments!
How to set up a paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels?
Unfortunately, you can’t create a paid trial in Clickfunnels using Stripe without adding custom code. If you don’t have technical skills for this, the best way will be to use CF Paid Trial script from CF Power Scripts. It’ll let you set up a paid trial subscription in Clickfunnels within a few minutes even if you’re not tech-savvy.