In this article, you’ll learn how to start tracking Snapchat custom events in your Clickfunnels funnels. We’ll show you how to add the tracking without dealing with custom code and in as little as 5 minutes.
To make the setup as simple as possible, we’ll use CF Power Scripts.
If you’re familiar with CF Power Scripts yet, it’s a must-have add-on for Clickfunnels that lets you effortlessly integrate additional features to your funnels that Clickfunnels doesn’t offer out of the box. And Snapchat tracking is one of them!
Adding Snapchat Custom Events Tracking to Clickfunnels
Step 1: Add the Snap Pixel script
The first thing you need to do is to add the Snap Pixel script that provides the core Snapchat Pixel code. CF Power Scripts has a separate script for this.
Please follow the steps described in our Snap Pixel tutorial to add the script and then move to Step 2.
Step 2: Add the Snapchat Custom Events script to Clickfunnels
- Log into your CF Power Scripts account and go to the Power Scripts tab.
- Select the funnel step where you want to add the Snapchat Custom Events script.
- Click Add New and choose the Snapchat Custom Events script.
- Next, you need to define a few parameters of the script. You should decide if you want to track when a visitor of your funnel opens a pop-up or enters some data. Additionally, you can select which events will be triggered when the action happens.An event for the open pop-up action is triggered when a visitor clicks on a button or a text link that opens a pop-up. It does NOT fire for an exit-intent pop-up or when the pop-up is triggered through a third-party code.An event for the data input is triggered ONCE when a user starts typing in any of your input fields or selects a value from a select element (dropdown).
If you want to track different events on different pages of your funnel, you’ll need to add the Snapchat Custom Events script to both pages specifying settings for every of them.
- Click Add Script in the bottom right corner to add the script to your Clickfunnels funnel.
Step 3: Snapchat custom events tracking for buttons and text links
You can also manually add custom event tracking to your buttons and text links by modifying the element title in Clickfunnels. Here’s what you need to do!
- Log into your Clickfunnels account. Open the same funnel step where you added the Snapchat Custom Events script on the previous step.
- Open the settings of a button or a text link you want to use for tracking.
- Go to the CSS Info section and add cfps-sc-track-EVENTNAME to the title.
You can find the list of all the custom events in the Snapchat Business Center.
Please keep in mind that you can only use the events listed by Snapchat. Additionally, you need to write them the way they’re shown in the Snapchat Business Center, case sensitive.
Let’s say you want to fire the AD_CLICK event when somebody clicks on a button on our funnel page. For this, you’ll need to change the CSS title of the button to button cfps-sc-track-AD_CLICK.
- Click Update and save the changes on the funnel step.
So every time somebody clicks on the button or text link, a specified event will fire in Snapchat. It’ll help you to keep track of how your campaigns perform and what users are doing on your funnel.
As you can see, it’s absolutely easy to add the Snapchat custom events tracking to Clickfunnels if you use CF Power Scripts.
If you’re not sure about any of the steps described above, you can watch the step-by-step tutorial on how to set up the Snapchat Custom Events script.