In this article, you’ll learn how you can effortlessly generate a fully customizable cookie consent banner and add it to Clickfunnels.
You may already know that businesses are legally obliged to have a cookie notice if:
- European users can visit their website/funnel
- the website/funnel installs any non-technical cookies, e.g. via script like Google Analytics or via a Facebook share button.
You also have to block non-exempt cookies (e.g. via Google Analytics, AdSense, etc.) before obtaining user consent, and release cookies only after informed consent has been provided.
Sounds complicated, right?
That’s why we’re going to use the service called iubenda to easily create a cookie consent banner and add it to Clickfunnels.
What Is iubenda
iubenda provides attorney-level solutions to make your website/funnels and apps compliant with the law across multiple countries and legislations.
Certainly, it’s one of the must-have add-ons for every Clickfunnels user.
And all of this packaged into a convenient and easy to use software solution!
Moreover, the documents you generate with the help of iubenda are updated automatically if the law or regulations change.
Now, let’s see how to create a cookie banner and add it to your Clickfunnels funnel!
How To Add The Cookie Consent To Clickfunnels
Step 1: Create The Cookie Banner in iubenda
- Create your iubenda account or log in to your existing one.
- Click Start Generating.
- Choose Website, enter your funnel’s URL, pick the language, and click Start Generating.
- You’ll see the list of the documents you can generate with iubenda. Choose Cookie Solution and click Generate Now.
- On the next step, you’ll be able to customize the look and settings of the cookie consent banner.
You can change the banner position, background overlay, theme and header’s color, activate/deactivate “Accept” and “Reject” buttons, and much more.
- Moreover, you can add the compliance of the banner with the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act).
This is required to inform consumers from California about which personal information you collect and for what purposes.
Consumers should also be able to opt-out of the sale of their personal information via a “Do Not Sell” link.
And you can add these parameters to your cookie notice banner in Clickfunnels with just a click of a button.
- After you finish the customization of the banner, click Save.
- Once saved, you’ll get a code snippet as shown below. Simply copy it by clicking on the Copy button.
Step 2: Add The Cookie Consent Banner Code To Clickfunnels
- Log in to your Clickfunnels account.
- Go to the funnel where you want to add the cookie consent banner and click on Settings.
- Paste the code you copied in iubenda to the Head Tracking Code section as shown below.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and save the changes.
How to add a cookie notice to Clickfunnels?
The best way to add a cookie notice banner to Clickfunnels is to use a service called iubenda. It’ll let you create a customizable cookie consent banner and add it to Clickfunnels in as little as 5 minutes.